Pho 99 - Bellingham, Washington

We have our day trip to Bellingham about every couple of months. We have been visiting Pho Ly on previous visits and it has been satisfying. But I was looking forward to try other place as well.

Location wise this pho place is a bit out of the way from other retailers at Bellis Fair Mall in Bellingham. But it has its own parking lot and when we arrived there were quite a few cars already. I thought it was a good sign. Of course it was also lunch time so perfect timing.

I read the reviews and a few people mentioned their chicken noodle soup. I was surprised to see that on the menu and intrigued to try. Part of me was curious and the other part warned myself against it. But in the end the curious me won and I ordered the chicken pho. Hubby got his usual seafood pho. And we decided to try the roasted pork spring roll.



Now the verdict on the chicken pho. The chicken meat was all white meat. So I was a bit worry that it may be dry. But the meat was sliced very thinly so though a bit dry it wasn't stuck on your throat kind of dryness. Broth had a bit hint of chicken broth so over all I think it was not bad. I would order again if I happened to crave it next time.

Seafood pho had quite a varieties of items in like shrimp, fish ball, imitation crab and carrot. Broth was quite similar to chicken broth though had lighter notes. Maybe it was a mixture of pork bone broth as well. Definitely not beef broth.


Roasted pork spring roll was smaller than expected. They came out pretty fast so most likely was made ahead of time. Though they looked pretty fresh. It had standard rice noodle and been sprout in it though the roast pork was more like roast sausage ? The taste was not bad but I think I would try the regular spring roll next time.

Pho 99
3503 Byron Ave, Bellingham, WA 98225, USA
360-647-8471

Comments