Corner 23 - Vancouver, BC

Inspired by a foodie photo on Instagram, I realized I have passed by this restaurant many times. Finally we decided to pay them a visit last weekend. It was lunch time and the place was busy. We got seated right away.

Their menu was pretty big. But I knew what I wanted to order. In fact that was what brought me there. The pork hock dish. So I ordered the Wan Luan pork hock with rice. Hubby got the hot and sour noodle soup. I threw in a fried chicken nugget to complement our dishes. I wasn't too sure whether I should get the chicken nugget or chicken chop. But there was a picture of chicken nugget so I went with that.

My pork hock came in a long platter with rice in the middle, pork hock on one end and steamed broccoli and pickled daikon on the other end. Nice presentation. The pork hock was cut in bite size pieces. Tender but not overly tender and still required chewing. Pork hock is an acquired taste. I love the texture.Hubby was just okay. The pickled daikon was a bit too sweet for my taste. I think it would be better a bit more tangy.



Hubby's hot and sour noodle soup looked and tasted like a spin off version of hot and sour soup. I wonder who is copying who. I liked the noodle used because it was thin yet still crunchy and not soggy.Maybe not wheat noodle ?Though I felt the urge to add some more vinegar and chili to spice it up a bit.




The chicken nugget was awesome. Tasted like those popcorn chicken from bubble tea place but more generous portion and better quality.Freshly made and very hot.A bit salty, savory and peppery. Just a right amount of MSG. Soo good.


Corner 23
4008 Cambie St, Vancouver, BC V5Y 2H5
(604) 709-9788

Comments

  1. Wow! Thanks for sharing .The places you shared and the food you suggested are really awesome. I'll definitely visit all these next time when I visit Canada. Last time I don't have much time to travel. So, I just chilled at few places where my friends took me and enjoyed the South Indian food at a place called Mumbai Local restaurant which is located in Vancouver, Canada . Being a local Indian, I love the food here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment