Pho 99 - Vancouver, BC

It was a rainy weekend and we just happened to be in the area and was looking for a pho place. Pictures looked pretty new so we decided to give it a try.

It's located in a newly built strip mall, very close to Renfrew Skytrain station. Parking space was limited but we found a spot on the street in front. There were a couple of tables occupied when we walked in around lunch time. We got seated right away and received two cups of hot tea. Argh..soo nice.

I was contemplating between beef or chicken pho and this time I decided not to fool around. Special beef noodle soup for me and spicy sour seafood pho for hubby. We decided to try their autumn roll. Not too many pho restaurants offer all the four seasons roll. Normally they do spring and summer roll only. I guess those two are the most popular.



The small size bowl that I ordered was actually pretty big. I think it's quite a good value for the price. Lots of protein. Broth was clear with a bit oil. Nice broth that didn't leave me thirsty afterward which I concluded as low MSG. Noodle was al dente.




Hubby's spicy sour seafood pho came with fish ball, artificial crab meat, broccoli, carrot and cabbage. Seemed pretty healthy except the broth was pretty oily. I think they most likely used a ready made paste which usually came with some oil.



The autumn roll came with grill chicken thigh meat, lettuce and pickled carrot strips. The dipping sauce was a mixture of fish sauce and lime juice. It's sweet, tangy and refreshing. The wrapper on the roll was still moist and soft which showed that the roll was freshly made. That's a plus.

Pho 99
2915 Hebb Ave, Vancouver, BC V5M 0C4
(604) 255-3135 
https://phokitchen.ca/

Comments