Overview : Ritual App

A coworker introduced Ritual to me last year during the $1 promo week. I thought it was too good to be true. $1 meal ? How is it possible ? I didn't get to use it because my lunch is usually taken care of. So the app has become one of those apps that you download once and never touch again.

A couple of weeks ago, I happened to be talking to a coworker during lunch time. Ritual came up in the conversation. Apparently the $1 meal promo is back. And I found out more about the app.

To make the long story short, me and hubby had started using it and I found it quite useful. One more thing, this is my personal opinion and I am not paid in anyway to write this.



Lunch Take Out
If you do a lot of lunch take out and you work in Vancouver Downtown/Yaletown/Gastown area then this app is for you. For every meal purchased through Ritual you earn points that could be used towards next purchase.

You're going to do take out anyway might as well get some points while doing it, right ?

Also I found ordering food using Ritual very convenient. The menu is there along with price. Any customization can be done online. No confusion, no misunderstanding, no waiting for someone at the restaurant to pick up the phone if they're busy. Payment done by linking your Ritual account with a payment form.

The app also tells you how long it will take for the order to be prepared. Since it's linked to map, the app would also tell you how long it will take you to go there and WHEN you should leave to pick up your order. Pretty creepily smart !

$1 Lunch Promo
Every now and then Ritual will have $1 promo. Yup. You read it right, $1 lunch on certain meal at certain participating restaurants. That's it.

How to qualify ? Refer a friend to use Ritual. When your friend place his/her first order during the promo period then both him/her and you will receive 4 chances to order $1 lunch.

It's a win win for both you and your friend, right ?

What I did was referred hubby and then both of us got the $1 meal chances.



What We Tried
*Pokedoki - Broadway*
Meaningful Bowl
The bowl came with brown rice, tofu, sliced red cabbage, bell pepper, avocado. Topped off with some green onion and seasoned with sesame dressing. For meat eaters like both me and hubby this bowl seemed like missing something. I think for us it would taste better if we swapped the brown rice with white rice.

*Sala Thai - Burrard*
Red Curry with chicken
This red curry comes with steam rice. The chicken curry is cooked with fragrant coconut milk and sliced of bell pepper. We both found the coconut broth very flavorful. A little bit goes along way with this red curry. So one order could go two meals. Or if you need second bowl of rice you could still have your second order of rice to go with this red curry.

*Bovine Rice Bowls - Pender*
Roast Beef Bowl
Just like the name suggested. This bowl came with slices of roast beef with  some broth/sauce on the rice. The topping was colorful - radish, watercress and tiny red stringy thing which I have seen before but didn't know the name.

I found the roast beef still a bit pink for me. So I popped it in the microwave a bit. It was delicious but I think a sriracha could spice it up a bit better.

*Heritage Asian Eatery - Pender*
Dandan noodle
Dandan noodle that I know is usually served with yellow noodle and some sort of soup. Heritage Asian Eatery had a twist on their dandan noodle. It's served with udon and a little bit of sauce that came with the minced pork. Then topped off with pickle cucumber and fried onion.

The protein in this bowl would be enough to satisfy a meat eater. I set aside some minced pork because I found it a bit too much for my udon. I think the minced pork could be a little bit more salty. But a bit sriracha took care of that as well.