Cafe Dang Anh - Vancouver, British Columbia


It's been a while since I blogged about places we ate. It's because I have not been eating out !

Since January this year I can count with my fingers how many times we actually ate out. Including take out. At least for me. Hubby did take out every now and then. But because of my "clean diet" he being a good spouse 😍 showed his support by cooking at home as well.

Anyhow we happened to be talking about Northern style pho and I decided to google it and found this place. It's not easy to find Northern style pho. Even last time in San Jose, California which was like biggest Vietnamese community in Northern America. 

The place was tiny with two tables outside in case anyone would want to brave the weather and sit outside. I was tempted actually but hubby talked me out of it. Inside was a bit cramped but there was clear screens to separate each table. And we were asked for proof of vaccination and IDs upon walking in.

I ordered pho ga (chicken pho) and hubby ordered their special (pho dac biet). A plate of bean sprout with 2 wedges of lime and basil was brought out along with 2 glasses of hot tea. We sat there checking in on other patrons. From the conversations, we gathered they're all Vietnamese. Good sign. We also noticed that all the tables seemed to order fried long doughnut or sometimes called Chinese doughnut. That's interesting. Though the fried doughnut here were shorter compared to the usual Chinese doughnut I know.

Our bowl of noodle soup finally arrived. Piping hot and we put in our veggies to let it cooked. My chicken pho got pieces of chicken arranged on top. The chicken still have the bone in and skin on. It's a bit hassle to eat but taste wise was nice. It's free range chicken so got a bit of chewiness in it. Broth was nice and just right. Not to the taste I expected for chicken pho that I missed but could pass. The noodle used was slightly wider than the normal pho noodle. But unfortunately they used dry noodle though it was cooked to a more tender state compared to regular pho noodle.

Hubby's beef pho had raw beef and beef ball. He happily slurped down his noodle and said how much he missed it. 😋

Cafe Dang Anh
1C9 5186 Victoria Dr
Vancouver, BC V5P 3V2
778 379 7977


Comments