Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies


We have a road trip coming. Yay !!! 😍 I'm trying to prepare some (hopefully) healthy snack that we could munch on and perhaps healthy enough for breakfast. Though I so far haven't got that part figured out yet. 

I have a bunch of different types of gluten free flour - brown rice flour, rice flour, glutinuous rice flour, tapioca starch, sorghum, chickpea flour etc. Now that I don't have so much restriction in my diet I slowly put wheat flour back into my diet. But I didn't want to just throw away all these gluten free flour. What a waste right ? Bread with gluten free flour seriously isn't exactly what I have in mind of using gluten free flour. Even a mixture with regular flour seems to 'kill' the bread. I have respect to all people out there who are on gluten free diet. 

I figured that gluten free flour for cookies probably work out better. I could also mix that with oat to make it slightly healthier. Though I found it the hard way that oat is also pretty high in carb. 😅 This happened last year during a period of time when oat was one of the few things that I figured was not causing reaction to me. So I made and ate oat banana bread. For snack. Almost every day !

Anyway, the following recipe was modified from Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies by Nicole Hunn from glutenfreeonashoestring.com.

Yield : 12 cookies
Ingredients :
100 gram brown rice flour
1/2 cup oat ( I used gluten free oat )
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon honey
4 tablespoon peanut butter
4 tablespoon butter (room temperature)
1 egg
a handful dark chocolate chips (optional)

Method :

Preheat oven to  350℉
If you forgot to take the butter out from the fridge or you just have to make your cookies RIGHT NOW and can't wait for the butter to get softer. Put the butter in a small bowl and drop in the microwave for 30 second until it's soften or melted. That's fine.

Mix the honey in the butter then put in the oat. Let the oat soak in the butter honey mixture for a while to soften. I was going to let it soak longer to soften the oat. But then again, I don't have the patience to wait. 😉

So after about five minutes I scraped my mixture into a bigger mixing bowl and measured my peanut butter into the mixture. I stirred the mixture well. Then cracked my egg in and mix it one more time.

Next in the brown rice flour and baking soda. Mix it all together and the mixture is now a thick dough. 

Shape the dough into cookie shape. Bake in the preheated oven of 350℉ for 15 minutes or until golden brown. 

Comments