Chicken Meats Rice - Cupertino, CA


This place is located at the food court next to the Ranch 99 Market on De Anza Blvd in Cupertino. It's been a while since we have been to the area so I didn't quite remember what was there before.

The food court right now only had three stalls occupied and operating. Chicken Meats Rice is the one located at the very end of it, almost next to the restrooms.

When we got there it was lunch time and we saw a few people waiting to pick up their orders. We placed our orders on the ordering station. There was options to customize eg. brown rice instead of white rice, white chicken meat instead of dark, etc. There were four options of sauces to pick from so I chose two and had hubby chose the other two just for comparisons. 


I ordered the grilled chicken and hubby got the hainan chicken since he is hainan chicken rice expert. 😍 We both got the white chicken rice. For sauce I think we got the ginger scallion oil and sweet chili. I am pretty sure of those two. The other two I would have to guess because that was almost a month ago. I think the other two were thai ginger soy and Singapore chili sauce.

Now let's talk about the chicken. My grilled chicken was flavorful. The marinate was some spices which reminded me of Indonesian style fried chicken spices. The rice was flavorful and tasty. Hubby wasn't impressed with his hainan chicken. He said it was bland. The sauces wasn't up to his expectation. I personally thought the thai sauce was not bad. Though I didn't need any of the sauces because my chicken came seasoned. 😌


We later on talked with another friend who said that it was way better the first time they went after it was opened. The second time they went the sauces were different and it wasn't as good anymore. Hmm..that's interesting.


I am not sure if it's limited to that location, but I was surprised to see our order came packed in a huge paper bag. I am talking about a paper bag that could easily fit like ten orders ! That didn't seem very economical or sustainable. And this was for eat in order !

Chicken Meets Rice
10445 S De Anza Blvd Ste 101
Cupertino, CA 95014
408 412 7728
https://chickenmeetsrice.com/

Comments