Luna Mexican Kitchen- Campbell, CA


This restaurant is located at The Pruneyard. It's been a while since I've been to The Pruneyard. When I heard the name I thought I have been there or passed by during the time I used to frequent The Pruneyard. But when we got there I was surprised to see the size of it.

Luna Mexican Kitchen is big. I think one of the biggest restaurants in The Pruneyard. It's best to park in the back and come through where Rock Bottom is. We went there on a Friday evening and it was a sunny day. As soon as we got there we saw a bee line in front of the restaurant. The line was moving quickly though. The host was fun and friendly. He took our name and phone number and our preferred seating. After that off we went to do our stuff until we received a text which surprisingly was pretty fast.


I was expecting a wait time of a minimum of 20 minutes. But in reality we hardly walked away we already had to make our way back. Apparently a small party like us with no preferred seating would get a table faster.

We got a table towards the back of the hotel. From the front door, made a left turn, passed the bar and we got to the backside dining area. The surrounding made me feel like eating in someone's kitchen in an adobe house. 

Our waiter showed us his QR code printed on a card. I was like huh..what ? Why ? Then it dawned on me that's what I saw earlier when a group of people was seated outside. Apparently that's a new way of handing out menus. No paper menus. I almost wanted to say hmm..excuse me, could I just get a paper menu.


Anyhow our friend finally arrived and we all ordered. I got salmon tacos which was served with a side of black bean soup. There were two pieces of tacos with pan seared salmon. The coleslaw gave the crunchiness and the aioli sauce gave its freshness. Hubby ordered steak salad. The steak was grilled beautifully and served on a bed of spring mix. Couldn't quite taste the dressing. But the spring mix was fresh.

Luna Kitchen is not exactly a traditional Mexican restaurant. It's more like a hipster Mexican inspired restaurant. It emphasizes on wild caught fish, free range chicken farm to table with vegan option for the dishes. It's interesting and it's trendy right now.

It's okay for a place to meet up for a meal. Though I would request a seat outside maybe for lunch instead. And we were surprised by the "Living Wage Surcharge" on our bill. We thought it was a new Californian thing. But we didn't see it at other restaurant. 😒

Luna Mexican Kitchen
1875 S Bascom Ave #570
Campbell, CA 95008
lunamexicankitchen.com
408 963 6681

Comments