Mi Mexico, Bellingham, Washington, United States


We visited this restaurant on our trip to US border in June. It's one of those trips that we do every so often once we moved to Canada. I think we will miss Mexican food once we start travelling to Asia so in the end we settled with Mi Mexico. The reviews looked impressive. And we glad that we went there.

It was about lunch time when we arrived. We were greeted warmly and seated a booth seating by the window. I liked the bright light coming through the window. And the chairs for the regular table seating were so colorful and cheerful. 


I was craving quesadilla so I was happy that they offered quesadilla on their lunch menu and even better that the size was not ginormous. Hubby also ordered from lunch menu and got camarones mexicanos. For drink he ordered his favorite drink horchata.


Our food came pretty quickly while we enjoyed the complimentary chips and salsa. We were actually pretty hungry so very happy to see our food being served. Hubby's prawn dish came with huge plump prawns. For that price I was pleasantly surprise to see the amount of prawns served. What a deal ! He ended up bring some home because he couldn't finish. Good thing my quesadilla wasn't as big as the one I ordered in Roseburg. 


My quesadilla was the size of taco size instead of burrito size which was perfect for me. It was served in a huge platter with topping of guacamole and a generous dollop of sour cream. The other half of the platter was refried bean and rice and a heap of shredded lettuce. I think it's a good combination of flavor. And a very generous amount of food.


Hubby's prawn dish - camarones mexicanos was prepared with red sauce, onion and mushroom. It was served on a huge plate with two slices of avocado and a choice of either corn or flour tortillas. I shared with him my quesadilla so he didn't use much of his tortillas. It was a tasty dish.


Mi Mexico
241 Telegraph Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226, United States
Menu: mimexicobellinghamrestaurant.com
+1 360-647-0073

Comments