Bengal Steak Chiangrai - Chiangrai, Thailand

Saw this place a few times as we passed by the area. Finally went to check it out. Our friends been there before and recommended the fish fillet. I got the pork chop. Another friend ordered beef.


Surprised to find that my pork chop or any other order doesn't come with carbs. If you want any fries or rice 😂, it has to be ordered separately. So we got an order of mashed potatoes and onion ring.

Onion ring was very crispy. It uses the same breading as tempura batter. Also the same batter for the fish fillet. But I found the fish was tasteless and not thick enough. The fish used was dory fish. I guess I was expecting too much.

My pork chop actually tasted up to (my) par. Some may find it a bit dry. But I like it that way. Lean and mean.

We also ordered some fried shrimp. But it's hard to beat those shrimp paste cake (tod mun) from the local market. 




My recommendation would be : chicken drummette, onion ring and pork chop. May need to try the beef to be sure whether it's worth it. Not recommended : fish fillet and mashed potatoes.

Bengal Steak Chiangrai
Rop Wiang Sub-district, Mueang Chiang Rai District, Chiang Rai 57000
Phone: 052 024 219

Comments