Horin Ramen - Vancouver, Canada


We have been away from Vancouver for a few months. And during those time I haven't had a chance to try out any ramen. So when I am meeting a friend and she suggested ramen, I jumped on that. And there we went to this ramen shop on Robson.

To avoid lunch crowd, we arrived there earlier and immediately got seated. I ordered Ajitama ramen and my friend ordered original one. We both got the small size. I liked that option of having a small size ramen as I prefer not to eat heavy carb these days. I also liked the options of choosing the firmness of the noodle, richness and spiciness. Customization is good. 💓


Even for the small size ramen I felt that it's still got plenty of noodles. And for the medium firmness I felt that the noodle was still pretty firm. Couldn't imagine what the noodle would be had it been firm. I guess I haven't had ramen for so long and was so used to soft rice noodle in Thailand. 😋

For the chashu portion, we were given option of regular or aburi chashu. Aburi chashu is the one you want to pick if you like smoky flavor for your chashu. Texture wise it didn't seem to be any difference.

Another thing I liked about Horin ramen was its broth tasted so natural. But I found the broth wasn't hot enough. I wonder if we could request it to be hotter.

Horin Tonkatsu Ramen
1226 Robson St, Vancouver, BC V6E 1C1
(604) 620-6111 


Comments