Aberdeen Centre Food Court - Richmond, BC


Missing some good dumplings while we were in South East Asia. Finally back in Vancouver area, we made our way to Richmond Aberdeen food court. Shanghai Morning there offered pan fried bun (生煎包) and Szechuan House has dan dan noodle (担担面) and spicy wonton (抄手). Those three were in my mind that day. Lots of carb but I gave myself an exception that day. 😁


The pan fried buns took some time to prepare. The lady who took my order let me know it took about ten minutes. No problem. I have time for good food. I went to Szechuan House and placed my orders. There were a few people there waiting for their orders already.



The dan dan noodle I ordered was the dry one. The noodle was a bit on the thicker side with some meat sauce on top. The noodle was chewy and the meat sauce was made with some szechuan peppercorn. I still could not used to the taste of szechuan peppercorn that left my tongue and lips a bit numb. But I must say the noodle is good. I have never tasted the Chinese style wet dan dan noodle. I wonder if it has any similarity to the Japanese style one.


The spicy wonton had thicker handmade wonton skin. This type of wonton is very filling and could be a meal on itself. The chili oil was surprisingly not as generous amount as the one at Lanzhou Beef Noodle we had a few weeks ago. But this chili oil had more szechuan pepper and gave us the numbness as well. 


The pan fried buns were still as good as I remember them to be. The pork broth inside was very hot due to combination of oil and broth. So I was super careful trying to bite into it and trying hard not to spill the broth. That's a tough balancing act you know ! 😂

Our friends ordered some pork mushroom pasta and fish and chips. The pasta looked okay. I didn't try so couldn't comment on that. The fries on the fish and chips were crispy and dried. More like potato chips. 😂 The fish had thick soft batter. Sort of reminded me of my mom's homemade shrimp fritter. Probably due to the usage of egg in the batter.

Aberdeen Centre Food Court
Located on top floor of Aberdeen Centre
Address: 4151 Hazelbridge Way #3270, Richmond, BC V6X 0A4

Comments