Tandoori Flame (revisited 2023)


One of the food we missed while living in South East Asia for the last few months was Indian food. To be exact Indian buffet. Me and hubby liked to visit Indian buffet when we lived in SF Bay Area. There were plenty of good selections there. Here in Vancouver area we haven't encountered too many. Tandoori Flame was one of the good one we have tried. For this reason, we looked it up again and was relief to know that they are still in business.



We went there for lunch with some friends. It's always more fun to go with a group of people when visiting restaurant. In this case may not be that important as it's buffet. But it's still fun to go in group. As soon as we were seated, we didn't wait any longer and straight away started on piling our plates. 



The set up of the buffet area looked the same as I remembered it to be. They had separate area for vegetarian and non vegetarian main dish. Salad and fruit bar in the middle of the buffet area and another area for cakes. There was a counter for Indian sweets which I didn't try. Naan had a separate counter which was next to the pakoras (chicken and fish) and chicken tandoori, etc. There was a cute counter with pani puri and its condiment. I'm a beginner on this so pardon my terms if they are not correct. 😅


The pani puris turned out to be the one I enjoyed most. Maybe because they are crunchy and tasted so refreshing with the yogurt and other toppings. Again, pardon my ignorance if that's not how it supposed to be eaten. 😅


All in all there were plenty of varieties of dishes to enjoy. I liked the butter chicken and goat curry the most. I enjoyed the palak paneer as well. I stayed away from the pakoras since I tried to avoid deep fried stuffs but I couldn't stay away from pani puris. 😋

Tandoori Flame
Kennedy Heights Shopping Centre - North
Address: 11970 88 Ave, Delta, BC V4C 3C8
Phone: (778) 578-7777 

Comments