Roemah Legit - Bandung, Indonesia


Found this restaurant last minute just a night before our Bandung trip. I was amazed with the varieties of their menu. So I scratched out all other restaurants on my list and decided that we needed to try this one. We only had one chance for meal in Bandung that trip. I tried to make the best out of it. 😊

The restaurant looked pretty close from our hotel. Our group decided to walk. I was all in for it. There was sidewalk outside of our hotel. So we assumed it's all sidewalk. To our dismay the sidewalk disappeared at the next traffic light. Luckily by then it wasn't too far anymore.



The restaurant is located inside a small road. Without Google maps I would not think of that road as the location. It's quite a small road. I was relieved when we finally saw an establishment that looked like a restaurant. I was getting hungry !

As I said previously, their menu was extensive. So we took a while to decide on what we wanted. In the end I ordered pizzas for me and Wawa and also for everyone else to share. We would also have two types of satay for sharing.





The restaurant though looked big on picture wasn't exactly that big. It has second floor which we didn't even consider. We breezed through the outdoor table available to us but then realized that the inside table was too close to the live music performer. Yup there was live music !

For me of all the food we ordered that night I liked their pizzas the most. They were thin crust pizza so not much dough. We got one rendang pizza and one pisang legit pizza. The rendang pizza had small amount of beef rendang (caramelized beef curry) with cassava leaves and red chili as topping. I think their crust was amazing and the cheese and the rest of the topping went well together. The pisang legit pizza was meant as dessert pizza. It had (mozzarella) cheese and sliced ripe banana as topping. The combination of savory cheese and sweet bananas made this pizza amazing.

The tahu telor wasn't what expected. We thought tahu telor was like a tofu omelette. But this tahu telor was wet like a yellow curry. It contained tofu, rice cake and potatoes. Interesting but filling.


The soto mie (?) didn't look like the photo which had more tomatoes on top with less broth. But the one we received looked like it had too much soup and not much inside other than noodles that looked like instant noodle. The other topping like fried potatoes and egg rolls were served separately on the side.

The disappointment I think was the satays. Especially the chicken satays looked pale compared to any other chicken satays I had on this trip. The only consolation was they were served on a charcoal heated plate so the satays stayed warm a lot longer. Interesting !

My hot cocoa order came with a cookie. Cute.

Roemah Legit
Jl. Embong No.15, Kb. Pisang, Kec. Sumur Bandung, Kota Bandung, Jawa Barat 40112, Indonesia
Phone: +62 22 4201997 



Comments