Double Tree Residence - Chiang Mai, Thailand


This hotel is located on Huay Kaew Rd, one of the main road in Chiang Mai. You would use this road to go to Chiang Mai Zoo or go up further to the famous temple Doi Suthep up the mountain. It's also just a stone throw away from the chic neighborhood of Nimman where you could find small cute coffee shops, bakery shops, boutique hotels, etc.

We arrived on Sunday and was surprised to see the sign that there was no receptionist available on Sundays. But then a man approached us with our keys. He took photo of our passports and had us complete a check in form. That's pretty easy. Then another man showed up to show us to our room on ground floor.



The ground floor room was spacious with a big patio and bench. There was also an outdoor sink. 😕 I liked the sitting area next to the window. I could see that as a place for me to update my blog, read, etc. But then it's a bit dark because it's on ground floor. And I don't feel as safe downstairs. So hubby called the number included with the keys. He spoke to a female employee who told him that there's an upstair room available on second floor which we could take a look at. I thought that was great. I quickly packed our stuffs that I managed to unpacked.



The second floor room wasn't as big but a lot brighter being on second floor. It had a smaller balcony with no chairs. This room also didn't have the window seating area but we still had a table with two chairs. An almost full size fridge and a sink. Microwave and plenty of storage space. I noticed some dishes and utensils provided as well. Very useful.



Double Tree Residence
เลขที่ 8 Saijai Rd, Tambon Chang Phueak, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50300

Comments