The Donut Cafe - Chiang Mai, Thailand


There were so many restaurants around our hotel and sometimes as we viewed Google maps we either see it or don't. One time I found this restaurant but it was in Thai. I thought I would be able to locate it again. Boy was I wrong. It took me two days later to find it again.

This donut cafe just showed up on our radar on our last day in Chiang Mai. It rained the night before so we thought of having something close by to our hotel before we headed to the airport. This cafe showed up just at the right time.





Excited by the possibility, we were there around 8:30 am. But then we didn't see the donuts being displayed. Dismayed, I asked the staff whether the donuts were not available that day. The staff told us that the donuts won't be ready until another 30 minutes. She checked with the kitchen and came back to tell us that sad news.

Oh well, so we decided to come back. Donuts are supposed to be the main stars ! How could they call themselves The Donut Cafe but the donuts were not ready until almost 9 am. 😒

We went back around 9:30. We wanted to make sure they had enough time to get those little sweet things ready for us. And luckily by the time we got there, the donuts were already on display. What a relief ! I let hubby picked what he desired. I already planned on ordering huevos rancheros. He also ordered an iced mocha.



The huevos rancheros took quite a while to be ready. I think it's about fifteen minutes. But then when we finally received it I think it took that long because each items in the huevos rancheros was made when we ordered. Like the beans and minced meat, fried egg and then baked them all together.

So huevos rancheros didn't quite look like what I expected based on what I have experienced in the past. But then tasted wonderful anyhow. It had all what's needed in a huevos rancheros e.g. tortillas, eggs, avocados, perhaps needed more cheese. But I'm not expert in huevos rancheros. 😝

The Donut Cafe
Sharing lobby with The Dome Residence
1 Huay Kaew Rd, Tambon Chang Phueak, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50300
Phone: 061 696 7765




Comments