Geo 38 Residences - Genting, Malaysia


When researching accommodation for Genting I was tempted to stay at hotel up at the top. My reasoning was because it has a mall so it's easier to find food. But to my knowledge at the time there was only one hotel and it's a bit old. Later on I found out there are two other hotels as well.

Now that we travelled more and stay longer at certain places we like apartments better. Since we no longer travelling as tourists we spend more time at our residence. Living room, working desk, dining table with chairs become more important to us.

I went for Airbnb first but then found out that the apartment building that I had my eyes on also showed up in Agoda and Booking. I noticed these days that the trend is growing. Perhaps soon Agoda dan Booking could become a bigger market share stealer of Airbnb.


This Geo 38 Residence is a huge apartment complex boasting two towers. Each tower has about 30 storeys. There are gym and heated outdoor swimming pool. That's why it's popular among families. At this apartment alone there were a few management companies which manage a pool of units. That's why checking in was a bit tricky as we needed to find the right "lobby" for the management company that we have booked through. Just have your confirmation ready to show them. We got it right on the second try so that wasn't too bad. I just wished they had mentioned that in the confirmation.

We got an unit on 20th floor with a view of the upcoming winding road up. There was a construction going on around so soon the view would be different. Some units have balconies. That could be fun or scary at the same time. 😂








Comments