Maejo bone soup Chiang Mai Gate Branch ซุปกระดูกแม่โจ้ สาขาประตูเชียงใหม่ - Chiang Mai, Thailand


This place is close to the Wua Lai walking street. We would have to pass by this place anyway so we thought let's stop by there for dinner. I'm usually not a big fan of having dinner at walking street because of lack of seating area. Most of the food sold are snacks and finger food. Though I have come across some seafood and even ribs being sold. 😁

The name posted here was a literal translation of the Thai name. There was only Thai name on Google maps. But it's located at a corner and we could easily find the place. On the other corner of the street was another noodle shop. So if you somehow miss this one, you won't be hungry anyway. 😎


I didn't know the name of this shop but when I went there their bone soup looked yummy so that's what I ordered. Hubby ordered the rice plate with charsiu. They have picture menu so it's easier for us to order. For my pork bone soup, the waiter asked what type of soup, whether tom yum or original. I think there was another option but I selected tom yum. 

I'm glad I selected tom yum soup. It came with a spoonful of chili sauce on top. Not overly spicy in my opinion. But the chili sauce gave a tangy and sweeter flavor as well. Perhaps next time I'll try the original flavor. Hubby's rice place came with charsiu pork and boiled egg topped with red sweet sauce. I think he didn't quite like the red sauce. Next time should ask them to hold the sauce.

Other than that, the food was great. That corner was a busy corner.

ซุปกระดูกแม่โจ้ สาขาประตูเชียงใหม่
32 Prapokkloa Rd, Tambon Phra Sing, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand

Comments