Asian Deli - Fresno

Found this place accidentally after we were done with our lunch at B & K Asian Kitchen. It's exactly next door to B & K Asian Kitchen. So the following day we were back again in the neighborhood.

When we walked in, there was a family of 8 occupying a long table. We went straight the counter because it seemed like a cafeteria style lay out. The lady there took our order and then started asking us something in Thai. First I tried to listen to it. For some reason I thought she spoke English with strong Thai accent. But then I realized she was actually speaking Thai. I told her that we're not Thai and she then spoke to us in English.

Our order came like ten minutes later. Before that, the lady brought us two glasses of ice water with straws. My bowl of noodle soup looked very greasy and oily. Hubby's pad see ew looked more interesting and fragrant. I swirl around the noodle just so I could take a better picture of it. The noodle was almost squarish instead of round or flat. The noodle was quite hard because of the shape. It certainly won't get mushy easily. But because of its consistency, it didn't get the much of the broth flavor. The khao piak (Laotian chicken noodle soup) was a bit gingery but in general it was too oily for my taste. Beside pieces of chicken meat, there was also chunk of chicken blood. That was why the lady asked me whether I wanted everything in my soup. Hubby's pad see ew was good and smoky. He liked his fried noodle with pickled chilli which they also had available on the table. Other than that, by the time he was done with his noodle, we could also see a pool of oil left on the plate. Man, the amount of oil they used made BP oil spill on the Louisiana shore seemed less significant.

Asian Deli - Fresno
(next to B & K Asian Kitchen)

Comments