Ginger Cafe - Sunnyvale

This review was for take out food. My office was buying lunches for employees and decided on Ginger Cafe because of the close proximity. I have never heard of it before and was curious about it. Picked the basil tofu lunch special and was excited about. One reason because the previous week on our road trip we had this amazing stir fry with basil and tofu at a Thai restaurant in Vancouver, WA.

It smelled good when I opened it up. The lunch special comes with a choice of steam rice or egg fried rice and soup of the day. I chose steam rice and I could see that the rice was abundant. For the small eater, that box could last 2 meals.



I took a bite into the tofu. Hmm..pretty soft and not quite chewy even though the tofu was apparently deep fried. But also not much flavor. Not salty and pretty bland. I didn't think there was even any MSG used. I guess for people who are sensitive to MSG this could be a good dish to select.

The soup of the day was a pinkish reddish soup which I thought was their version of sweet and sour soup. But nope. The taste was similar to the stir fry. Bland. It had some cabbage and was a bit gooey. Not good.

I didn't ask other people whether they enjoyed their order. I was hoping that it's just my bad choice. Or possibly the stir fry chef was a substitute. But anyway I am not going there anytime soon.

rating :

Ginger Cafe
398 W El Camino Real Suite 114, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Phone: (408) 736-2828

Comments