Newton Beef Noodle House 燉牛肉麵- Richmond, BC

It was a cold rainy weekend and we were looking for hot noodle soup. I googled our options and found this place. It's pretty close by so we chose it.

When we got there around 6:30 it was pretty busy maybe about half full. We got seated by a small table by the window. The menu was pretty extensive though without pictures unlike Chef Hung's menu.

I was delighted that they have spicy beef noodle soup and even more excited that there's an option for tendon and tripe. Hubby was going for regular beef noodle soup then got his eye on a dry noodle with meat sauce. So he went for that. Popcorn chicken seemed like a no brainer for occasion. But I saw a picture on Google and asked the waitress. She pointed to a chives dumpling on the menu. We almost ordered it but she told us it would take almost half an hour to make. Oh ! Maybe another day.  So we went for the no-brainer popcorn chicken.



My noodle soup came with my choice of thin noodle with a bit tint of reddish soup. The broth wasn't too oily and tasted pretty hearty without too much taste of MSG, if any. I think the spicy version will not be enough for people that are looking for a really spicy noodle soup. There was no chili sauce provided nor did we ask for any. I think an additional squirt of sriracha would enhance my noodle soup.

Hubby's dry noodle wasn't as dry as I expected it to be. It came with pile of raw bean sprout with a little bit of broth at the bottom with the meat sauce. The noodle and the sauce together was hot enough to wilt the bean sprout and the noodle was ready to be devoured. This dry noodle was a bit more oily than the beef noodle soup but it's necessary to keep the noodle from sticking to each other. The taste was stronger than the beef noodle soup and a bit nutty taste from the sesame. Reminded me of taste of tan tan noodle.

Newton Beef Noodle House
8191 Saba Rd #150, Richmond, BC V6Y 4B4
604 284 0886

Comments