Open for take out only : John 3:16 Malaysian Delights

On our recent take out trip to Pho Lan which was just two doors down from John 3:16 we noticed that this restaurant was open for take out. So yesterday when we felt like having char kway teow we thought of them. And I have been looking for char bee hoon (fried rice vermicelli) so I was glad that they have that on their menu. Those were the items that we ordered.

There was option to order online but I thought it would be more certain to call in our order. So that's what we did. And I was pleasantly surprise that we got text message notifying that our order was ready. Awesome !

Pick up was done through back door. Hubby said there was a table blocking so one could not actually walk all the way in the dining area. Orders are left there and a bell to ring so payment could be made. Btw, credit card payment was only for order over $30.



The char kway teow was good as I remembered it. But compared to Ipoh Malaysian at Crystal Mall this one was a bit softer. Hubby said this one was more wet. The char bee hoon (fried rice vermicelli) was better than expected. First all not too many restaurants actually offer this. Most Cantonese style restaurant would offer Singapore style rice vermicelli which uses curry powder. So think of that dish without curry powder. Their rendition was pretty good except the rice vermicelli they used was thicker than I usually like my vermicelli. But taste wise very good with wok hei. Will order again when I'm craving.

Check out my original posting on John 3:16 here.

John 3:16 Malaysian Delights
6838 No 3 Rd, Richmond, BC V6Y 2C4
(604) 214-8181

Comments