Lotus Restaurant - Richmond, BC

We accidentally found this restaurant during our run to this part of Cambie and No 5 Road. This street mall here is home to so many yummy restaurants. I first came here to do a take out at Daddy's Grill and discovered the other side of the mall.

What attracted us to Lotus Restaurant was their open air patio ! Eating out these days have not been back to normal. At least for us. I don't feel comfortable sitting in a closed area eating with a bunch of strangers. So seeing that this restaurant actually have a patio seating was like a huge discovery for us. We couldn't wait to get back.

So last week finally we found an excuse to go back to that area and stopped by for lunch there. It was a nice sunny but breezy afternoon. It was a bit later in the day and passed lunch time already. When we walked in there was a family just came out. The patio area was actually empty. But as soon as we were done ordering a few others came and sat at the patio as well.



I ordered chicken even though I wasn't going to but my curiosity took the best of me. After all I'm still in search of chicken pho that could match the one from San Francisco. Hubby ordered a sweet and sour noodle soup. My chicken pho came out better than expected. The broth was not oily and didn't taste as expected but still better than whatever chicken pho that I have ever tried. The chicken was actually chicken breast meat but surprisingly not dry. That's already an improvement from whatever other chicken pho that I have ever tried in this area.

For chicken pho they actually offer chicken pho, chicken pho with chicken meatballs and chicken pho with chicken meat and chicken meatballs. Hubby's sweet and sour came with prawns and squid. The broth was just how it's called - sweet and sour. Not too spicy.

All in all it was a very nice experience. The outdoor patio looked well taken care off. I couldn't say it's new because it didn't look brand new. I noticed that their menu is pretty unique so I'm looking forward to try out other items on the menu.

Lotus Restaurant
4131 No. 5 Road
Richmond, BC V6X 2T9
778 297 1180
www.lotuspho.ca

Comments